Overlook the Beautiful Eight Ponds at Oshino Hakkai
Have you ever heard of the Fuji Five Lakes? Around Mount Fuji there is many beautiful nature spots such as Oshino Hakkai in Yamanashi. The water in the lakes directly come from Mount Fuji, the natural pools are deep, the large fish swimming around make it feel like an aquarium. Since the quality of the water, water volume, and the safety, Oshino Hakkai has been included in the National Top 100 Spring Waters in 1985 by the Environment Agency (current Ministry of the Environment). It was also nationally recognized as a natural monument. This is a very popular spot for nature lovers and it is beautiful every season.
Oshino Hakkai – Cherry Blossoms in the Spring
During the spring the cherry blossoms are in bloom but since the elevation is so high, the area is still covered with snow. The combination is quite romantic.
Oshino Hakkai – Lush Greenery in the Summer
Have a great summer getaway at Oshino Hakkai, all of the plants are green and full of life. Since its in the mountains, it’s not super hot.
Oshino Hakkai – Colorful Autumn Leaves
During the fall, the colorful leaves surrounding Oshino Hakkai are really a treat. The combination of the reflection of the water and the surrounding scenery is magnificent.
Oshino Hakkai – Snow in the Winter
In the winter the thatched roof houses are covered with snow. Oshino Hakkai looks like Shirakawa-go and it feels like a scene out of a romance movie.
Eight Clear Ponds at Oshino Hakkai
The water flowing from Mount Fuji is crystal clear. The ponds look like glass.
With such clear water, you can see each fish swimming around in the ponds. Walking around Oshino Hakkai and enjoying all of the sites takes about one hour and thirty minutes.
This pond faces the busiest street in Oshino Hakkai. There are souvenir shops and restaurants to enjoy. The wind blowing over the water and its clear blue color is so beautiful.
– From Shinjuku Station, take the Chuo Expressway bus (100 minutes) → at FujiQ Highland change buses. Take the Chuo Expressway bus (40 minutes) → Oshino Hakkai.
– From Tokyo Station, take the Express Bus (120 minutes) → Mount Fuji Station, change buses → Fuji Kyuko Route Bus (15 minutes) → Oshino Hakkai
– From Odakyu Shinjuku Station, take Odakyu Electric Railway Line (90 minutes) → From Gotemba Station take Fuji Kyuko Route bus (40 minutes) → Oshino Hakkai.
– From JR Tokyo Station, take Odakyu Line (80 minutes) → From Kozu Station take JR Gotemba Line (60 minutes) → From Gotemba Station take Fuji Kyuko Route bus (40 minutes) → Oshino Hakkai.
– From Nagoya Station, take Shinkansen (90 minutes) → From Mishima Station, take Fuji Route bus (45 minutes) → From Gotemba Station take Fuji Kyuko Route bus (40 minutes) → Oshino Hakkai.
[map lat=”35.460738″ lng=”138.832949″][/map]
Oshino Hakkai – Yamanashi Prefecture
Address: 239-3 Shibokusa, Oshino-mura, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi
Hours: 24 Hours
Phone: 0555-84-4221 (Oshino Hakkai Tourism Center)
Website: Oshino Hakkai